Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Plan your work, and work your plan

I am sorry. But please do not call me the day of and ask me if I could attend this emergency last minute meeting at 4:30pm. This is twice in a row! I work full-time to support my family; I am a mother, and a wife. I go to work at 8:30 in the morning, and sometimes I don't get home till 6PM. I hope you can understand why I kindly declined your invitation to a church meeting at 4:30pm today. Not everyone is a stay home mom.

"Unless we set goals, we risk roaming through life without ever really accomplishing anything meaningful. It can be easy to get caught up in the pace of life and the immediacy of issues and never really plan our lives." ~Boyd K. Packard

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

A-FREAKING-MEN! I am not (YET) a working mom... but, I feel it's unfair to plan day time over even afternoon meetings. Who can attend them? Retired people? Even stay-at-home moms usually can't because they'd have to get a sitter to do be able to go because their other half isn't home yet. Ridiculous!

San Ba Po said...

I am so relief to hear someone else feel the same way. I just feel so frustrated with these last minute church meeting sometimes. I want to honor my calling, and i want to do it well. I do however have a hard time do a good job when the meetings are so last minute. ugh... people, plan out your day, week, month, year!!