Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dull Looking Skin?

Have you noticed that your skin has been looking kinda dull lately? You are not alone. Guess what? The season is changing, and your skin needs to be pampered. Come on gals, (and guys) who wouldn't want a facial?

After the harsh winter, going outside for the blistering cold and staying home with blasted heat, your skin is just so beat up.The top layer of your skin has a thick build up of dead skin, hence the dull look. It needs some spring cleaning and be scrubbed and polished.

Some of my favorite product to use to get rid of the dead skin are as followed

TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set from Mary Kay  $55


I love this set because the beads are circular and it doesn't scratch your skin, and it lasts for a long time. You only need a dime size each time you use it, and your skin is super polished and smooth.


Trust me, it gets rid of all that dead skin, and it helped to reduce wrinkles.







St. Ives Apricot Scrubb-- $3 @ Walmart

I didn't have alot of money in college, but I still needed to look good so I could go on those dates with the boys. $3 is something I can find from my laundry baskets, and it's a nice huge tube. It does a good job on getting your skin smooth, but the downside is that it's a bit scratchy if you are not careful. So get the sensitive skin kind, and it does it wonders.





Sugar and Olive oil

When I visited my aunt in Italy, she told me one of the beauty secret of Italian women. They use olive oil on their skin! Mix 1/2 cup of sugar with 2 table spoon of olive oil, there you have the inexpensive and widely accessible natures scrub. I haven't try to use it on my face, since olive oil is a bit heavy, but I do use it on my hands and feet. The  sugar scrub makes your skin feel AMAZING! Try it!

No comments: