Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16 2011

One of my friend was out of town, and needed someone to help conduct the music during the sacrament meeting. I volunteered! I think this is the first time we ever sat in the pew in this ward. We have a baby, so in the past 10 months, we've been sitting in the back of the chapel, try not to disturb other people. Sophie was doing pretty good in one of the front pew with Steve. I think we are ready to sit in the pews now. We can have the whole section to ourselves, and Sophie has more room to roam. Except when she sneak past my legs, and started running away. Not kidding, she runs! Let me stress this again, she is 10 months old.

Sophie made new friends quickly with an older couple sitting behind us. She gives the sweetest smiles, and jabbers with the cutest little voice. She even tried to give the old man her favorite bincky (passie).

One of the talks today was about being parents, and that we have the duty to lead and guide our children with righteousness. Every family is different, and the way each set of parents teaches in different ways. I can't remember the exact quote, but the speaker made the connection of hiking on a trail and ending up at the same place. When you are on the trail with a group of people, you'll see different sets of foot print on the ground. Each is unique, and no one took the same steps. Some walked on the mud, some walked on the grass, some stepped on the stone but all were going to the same destination.

I really liked that quote, i should ask her for it. Just hearing some one saying that out loud made me realzed that I am not doing anything wrong with the way I raise my baby and the way I run my family. It works for us, and this is who we are. It's okay to be different than other people, and it is so nice to hear someone say that. We don't have to do everything the same as other people, there's no specific "have-to's". I do however, would like a copy of the family proclamation hang up in my house. That's on my to-do list now.

The simplest thing will make life easier. It will work, and it will always work. When we are lazy and not read our scriptures or prayers, crap happens.

Still a lot to learn in life. I am glad there's  Yoga class and Milka chocolate to get me through!

p.s. I have accomplished my 2011 goal!! I can do a head stand! Next goal, the head stand without someone spotting/using the wall.

No comments: