Friday, August 28, 2009

Carpe Diem


Carpe Diem is a latin phrase from Horse's poem, and it is usually translated as " Sieze the day". There are also other translations fromthe bible, " If not now, when?"

I strongly believe when one is presented with unexpected opportunity, one should take it and make the best out of it. For example, the verse from Ecclesiaste 9:9 "
Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun."

I would like to be the sponge, a very large one, soak up and learn everything I can. Today, I pledge to myself, I will take every opportunity I can, and not waste any time. I will do it, even if the people around me won't.

  • I will go to the gym, and enjoy yoga, running, swimming, zumba... etc
  • I will be fit!!
  • I will walk outside and take pictures, print the ones i like and hang them up in my house. Maybe make some post cards while I am at it.
  • I will learn all the Utah mom's baking recipe
  • I will go salsa dance when Tyffani invites me
  • I will laugh so hard till i cry
  • I will learn all the language i can
  • I will read till my eyes fall out
  • I will travel the world, eat yummy food.
  • I will go to all the concerts, symphany, musicals, plays, dance productions and etc
  • I will take off my clothes and jump in the ocean like I did at Barcelona.
  • I will take every opportunity and do things I have never done before, even if i suck at it, or no one else wants too do them with me. I will do them myself, and too bad for them..
  • I will not waste another minute of my life not trying something because no on else wants to try them with me.
  • I will, I will, I WILL, and I CAN~!!

I've done it before, why did I ever stop doing these things that I like? I will pick it up again, and enjoy life.

1 comment:

Cristine Garrison said...

Zumba! oh my goodness I totally want to do that too! my friend said it was so fun and totally kicked her butt.

:)