Monday, November 22, 2010

Shaving my head

It was nice to go see HP7 with my Steve last weekend =^.^= We haven't been to movies for a while, and it was just nice going on a date before the baby comes.

Have you ever seen one of those St. Jude Children's Hospital commercials? "Give Thanks" one? I don't know what it is about it, but it has always touch my heart. However, this past weekend, it hit me harder than usual. I was in tears by the time the commercial was done. There were images of little children who were sick, and hooked up with machines and IVs in their arms. And then a baby girl ( about 4 or 5 yrs old) who was sick, and lost all of her hair. This girls mom shaved her head as well. When I saw that, hot tears just roll down my cheeks like lava coming out of a erupted volcano. I tried not to let Steve see it, cuz I felt silly. But I guess he felt the same way. Probably not as emotional as I am. ( I still got preggo hormones in me)

There is nothing worse than seeing your own child suffer. If my baby girl is sick, I would totally shave my whole head. So she wouldn't feel alone being bald.

Donate today!
http://www.tg.stjude.org/video?bcpid=617224733001&bctid=680241406001

No comments: